My husband loves to make a batch of this salsa before any big football game. It makes a large bowl full so it’s perfect for a get together. The leftovers are great served on top of chicken or steak, added to a salad, or even on top of some brown rice.
It’s almost rivalry weekend for college football so grab a couple of cans of black beans and corn and an avocado at the grocery store this week so you’ll have the perfect game time dip!
- 2 cans black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 cans whole kernel sweet corn, drained
- 3 Roma tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 red onion, finely chopped
- 3/4 cup chopped cilatro
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 3 Tablepoons of Olive Oil
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 4 oz crumbled feta
- Add all ingredients, except avocado and feta, to a large bowl. Mix well.
- Cover and refrigerate. When ready to serve, add fresh sliced avocado and feta.
Photos by Mary Margaret Smith Photography