A quick and nutritious snack that is portion controlled and kid-friendly!
- 10 pitted medjool dates
- 1 cup roasted unsalted almonds
- 1/3 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 tsp almond extract (you could use vanilla extract if you didn’t have almond)
- 1/2 Tbsp coconut oil
- Pinch of salt
- Unsweetened coconut flakes (for rolling)
- To a food processor, add the dates, almonds, chocolate chips, extract, coconut oil, and salt. Blend/process for about 1-2 minutes until a thick paste/dough forms.
- Roll the dough into 1 – 1 1/2 inch balls (should make about 14-18 balls) and then roll into some unsweetened coconut flakes.
- Store in the fridge.