Chocolate chip cookies are hands down one of my favorite foods and therefore made in our home often. This recipe has become my go-to because I typically have all the ingredients on hand AND it doesn’t require me to get out my Kitchen Aid stand mixer or really any kitchen tool other than a mixing bowl and wooden spoon. Don’t get me wrong – baking is like therapy for me so I don’t mind when it takes awhile but in this season of life with a 1 year old, I have come to appreciate the quick and easy (and still delicious) recipe! I found this recipe online years ago and have made it so many times that I could make it in my sleep. Unfortunately, I haven’t been able to find the original recipe since so don’t have the link to provide!
- 3/4 cup thick almond butter
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup mini chocolate chips (you can add less/more depending on how chocolate-y you like your cookies)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix the first five ingredients together. Once mixed well, stir in the chocolate chips.
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper or silicone baking sheet. Drop rounded tablespoons of dough about 2 inches apart. Using the back of a spoon or even your fingers, flatten the cookie slightly.
- Bake for 12-14 minutes until cookie edges are golden brown. Allow cookies to cool 5-10 minutes before removing from baking sheet. Enjoy!
What is your go-to chocolate chip cookie recipe?