This is our go-to appetizer to make for company. It takes less than 20 minutes from start to finish and who wouldn’t like whiskey + brown sugar on top of melted brie?!
- 2 – 8 oz wheels of double creme or triple creme brie
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp whiskey
- 1/2 cup pecans, toasted
- Gingersnaps (I love these)
- Green apple slices
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Spray a baking dish with cooking spray.
- Cut a few slits in the brie and place on baking dish. Bake for 10-15 minutes until brie is melty.
- While brie is cooking, melt butter in small saucepan.
- Add brown sugar and mix well over medium heat until well combined.
- Add whiskey and allow mixture to come to a boil. Reduce heat to medium again and continue to stir until sauce thickens.
- Once sauce has thickened, add in pecans. Pour over warmed brie and serve with gingersnaps and apple slices.
Photos by Mary Margaret Smith Photography