Do you ever offer to bring a side to a dinner party but then have no idea what to bring?! I’ve been there multiple times. On a day to day basis, I talk to people about food so I know people can be funny about what they eat and I always want to bring something that everyone can enjoy. I think these green bean bundles may be your solution for that perfect side. Here’s multiple reasons why:
- It would be really hard to mess these up.
- It requires only 3 main ingredients.
- It’s easy to serve.
- Who doesn’t love a vegetable wrapped in bacon?!
I made these for a Galentine’s Dinner recently (more to come on that soon) and it was the easiest thing to prepare for a weeknight dinner party, after a day of work and chasing after a little one. I also bought the trimmed & washed green beans from Trader Joe’s to save even more time.
- 1 lb green beans, trimmed and washed
- 12 oz Thick Cut Bacon (preferably nitrate/nitrite free)
- Balsamic Glaze (you can purchase premade or make your own)
- Chosen Foods Avocado Oil Spray or any non-stick cooking spray
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Spray large baking dish with avocado oil spray.
- Bundle about 7-8 green beans together. Wrap bacon around the center of the bundle. Repeat with remaining green beans.
- Place bacon bundles in baking dish and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Cover dish with aluminum foil.
- Cover the bundles and bake for 35 minutes. Remove foil and bake for about 15 more minutes until the bacon is nice and crispy.
- Remove bundles from the oven and place on a paper towel covered plate to soak up a little bit of the grease.
- Place them in your serving dish and drizzle with balsamic glaze over top.
Photos by Mary Margaret Smith Photography