Have you been thinking of a way to show your favorite gal pals how thankful you are for them? The ones that are literally there for you “for better or worse”. Well, you are in luck because just last week, several amazing Birmingham ladies and I got together for a Galentine’s dinner party and are here to help you cover all the bases of planning one for you and those fabulous girlfriends of yours!
I know one of the intimidating things about throwing a dinner party can be the food. I’m here to help you walk through a menu that even the most novice cook can make. In my opinion, the most important filter when thinking through a menu is to make sure that it is satisfying. For me, that means that it’s filled with foods that nourish my body (foods that will keep me full and satisfied) and balancing that with foods that nourish my soul (foods that I want to enjoy and indulge in the company of friends). As you will see, this menu is the perfect mixture of both. My dear friend and old roommate Alexis provided the perfect dessert to celebrate the occasion and finish off the meal.
Two quick tips to throw a successful dinner party:
- Enlist the help of local restaurants to help put your meal together.
- Prep as much as you can beforehand so you can enjoy the party with your friends.
Appetizer: Brie with Whiskey Pecan Sauce
Soup: Vegan Plantain Soup from Tropicaleo
Dessert: Heart Fondant Cakes from The Cakerie
Timeline for Galentine’s Dinner Food Prep
The day before:
- Roast the butternut squash
- Cook the quinoa
- Rinse & drain the black beans
- Cut the kale
- Make the dressing
- Wrap the green beans with bacon
The day of:
One to two hours before guests arrive
- Bake the green bean bundles
15 to 30 minutes before guests arrive
- Plate the salad
- Make the Whiskey Pecan Sauce
Once guests arrive
- Stick the brie in the oven and warm up the sauce. Plate this dish.
- Plate green bean bundles and drizzle with balsamic glaze
- Relax and enjoy the time with your sweet friends
Now that you have the food covered, go check out the following ladies to help pull the rest of your Galentine’s Dinner together:
- Chic in Academia – How to Host a Galentine’s Day Party
- My Life Well Loved – Outfit Inspiration
- Southern Mama Guide – Outfit Inspiration
- The Cakerie Bham – Fondant Tutorial
What a fun night! Special shout to Chic in Academia for hosting all of us and bringing all of us together!
Photography: Mary Margeret Smith Photography
Flowers: Gold Leaf Floral
Swag Bags: Fab’rik
Place Cards: Swan Lindsey Lettering