One recipe that has been all the rage over the last couple of years is making ice cream out of frozen bananas. Being a fan of chocolate mint ice cream as a kid, this is our favorite seasonal twist on this healthier version of ice cream.
- 2 bananas
- 1/4 cup cacao powder
- 1/2 cup fresh mint, loosely packed
- 1/2 cup – 3/4 cup almond milk
- Optional topping: sliced almonds
- Peel the bananas and slice into thick pieces. Lay the slices on a plate and freeze until completely solid, at least two hours. (Put frozen slices in a Ziploc bag if you are not using them immediately.)
- Place the banana slices, cacao powder, fresh mint, and 1/2 cup of almond milk into blender or food processor. Blend until mixture becomes creamy, like soft-serve ice cream. (Note: This may take awhile and may require that you stop the blender, stir, and restart several times.)
- If you prefer a softer texture, add in the extra 1/4 cup almond milk.