When I was growing up and my mom used to make butter cream icing, the spatula was always the coveted utensil because it was covered in icing. This cashew butter reminds me of those days and that icing. I know you may be skeptical of how this cashew butter could taste like icing, but we promise that after you try this recipe you will think the same. Enjoy this cashew butter as a dip to an apple or dried figs, right off of the spoon, or as icing on your cupcakes!
- 1 1/2 cup unsalted raw cashews
- 1/4 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- Pinch of salt
- Place the cashews in the food processor and grind for at least 8-10 minutes. You will need to stop and scrape the sides of the bowl every few minutes. During this time, the cashews will turn from powder into a ball of dough and finally into a drippy cashew butter. Keep processing until it reaches your preferred consistency (it will happen, I promise).
- Once the mixture reaches this consistency, add in the coconut, coconut oil, and salt. Process for 2-3 more minutes until butter reach smooth consistency.
- Store in a well sealed jar. This cashew butter is best served at room temperature.