I am a huge fan of Larabars, mostly because the short and natural ingredient list and they are delicious. I always feel like a kid in a candy store when I’m in the bar aisle at Kroger and see all the different flavors – blueberry muffin, cashew cookie, coconut cream pie, and my new favorite key lime pie! Since I usually have most of the ingredients in Larabars at home, I decided to try making them at home to save a little money. I also love this bite size version for those times when you just want a little something…
- 1 cup raw cashews
- 1 cup raw almonds
- 1 cup finely shredded coconut, unsweetened
- 15 Medjool dates, pitted
- Juice from 3 Medium limes
- Zest from 2 Medium limes
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil
- Put cashews, almonds, and coconut into food processor. Process until mixture becomes a grainy powder.
- Add dates, juice, zest, vanilla, and coconut oil to the nut mixture and process until a dough forms.
- Roll the dough into small 1-1 1/2 inch balls.
- Store in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.