Chia seed pudding has quickly become one of my favorite things to eat for breakfast, a snack, or dessert! Chia seeds are all the rage in the health and nutrition field because they are rich in Omega-3 fatty acids, fiber, calcium, and even protein. When asked recently, “If you only had 5 foods to eat for the rest of your life, what would they be?”, I quickly answered “Salmon, chia seeds, almonds, broccoli, and a Snickers bar”. This top 5 food on my list is something I love incorporating into my diet regularly. You can buy these seeds at any health store and most grocery stores. When eaten dry, these seeds are small and crunchy but when mixed with a liquid, they become soft ad expand by absorbing the liquid. Try these seeds on a salad, in a granola bar, added to Greek yogurt, or in this pudding recipe.
Chia Seed Pudding
- 2 cups of milk (we use Almond Breeze Almond Coconut milk blend)
- 1/2 cup of chia seeds
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Optional Toppings: fruit, nuts, honey, coconut
1. In a small jar, combine milk, chia seeds, and vanilla. Shake well to thoroughly combine. (This pudding will get clumpy if not mixed well.)
2. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours or overnight. Stir well before serving.
3. Serve in small bowls with your favorite toppings. Our favorite combination of toppings is honey, raspberries, and TJ’s honey roasted sliced almonds.