There are many reasons why I love the Fall – great weather, football, and pumpkin is back in season. Similar to carrots, pumpkin is rich in Vitamin A – one serving of canned pumpkin meets your Vitamin A needs for an entire day. It also contains a significant amount of potassium and magnesium which are two minerals that help keep your heart healthy and support your metabolism. . Canned pumpkin is great to have on hand to use in smoothies, baked goods, soup, and for this pumpkin pie dip. This dip is a lightened up version of your favorite pumpkin pie – using Greek yogurt and reduced fat cream cheese to give it a creamy taste without as many calories. It is so delicious that I could eat it by the spoonful but try to restrain myself and eat it with apples instead.
Pumpkin Pie Dip
- 15 oz can pumpkin puree
- 1/3 cup plain nonfat Greek yogurt
- 4 oz reduced fat cream cheese
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 Tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 Tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Whisk all ingredients together in a large bowl until well blended and smooth.
- Serve with apple slices or ginger snaps.