I am a huge fan of all things that have a vinegar or tangy taste – pickles, kimchi, and salt & vinegar chips! These roasted garbanzo beans are one of my favorite snacks because they take care of that vinegar craving, while packing in a good amount of protein and fiber. Try these out the next time you are watching college football, in the car for a long road trip, or any situation where you need something crunchy to munch on!
- 2 – 15 oz cans of garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
- 4 cups distilled white vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon sea salt
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- Place garbanzo beans and white vinegar in a medium sized pot and bring to a boil. Add a dash of salt.
- Reduce heat and let simmer for 15 minutes. Remove pot from heat and let sit for 15 more minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Drain garbanzo beans well, removing all excess vinegar. (I will sometimes even use a paper towel to dab them dry.)
- Place garbanzo beans on a lined baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil and sea salt. Massage well with fingers until beans are fully coated.
- Bake for 20 minutes. Stir. Bake for 25-30 more minutes, until the beans reach your desired consistency. Keep an eye on them to ensure they don’t burn.