Shrimp and frozen broccoli thrown on a baking sheet and 15-20 minutes later, dinner is ready! Seriously, this recipe is that easy. I serve it with brown rice for a perfectly balanced meal with lean protein, vegetables, and whole grains. Keep this recipe on your weekly meal rotation for a meal the whole family will enjoy and takes you minimal time to prepare!
- 1 pound frozen, uncooked shrimp (peeled and deveined), 41/50 size (thawed overnight or in cold water – follow directions on back of package)
- 1 pound frozen broccoli florets
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 Tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 pack microwaveable brown rice
- Optional Toppings: Sweet Chili Sauce, Low Sodium Soy Sauce, Squeeze of Fresh Lemon, Tessemae’s Lemon Garlic Dressing, or Tessemae’s Green Goddess Dressing
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Spray a baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Pat shrimp dry with a paper towel and place shrimp on one half of the baking sheet.
- Put frozen broccoli on the other half of the baking sheet.
- Pour olive oil over both shrimp and broccoli. Sprinkle S&P and garlic over shrimp and broccoli as well. Toss with hands so that all of the shrimp and broccoli is well coated.
- Cover baking sheet with aluminum foil
- Bake for 10 minutes. Remove foil and bake for an additional 5-10 minutes until shrimp are fully cooked through.
- While shrimp is cooking, microwave brown rice. Once shrimp is finished, serve shrimp & broccoli with brown rice.
- Top with any of the optional toppings for added flavor.
Photos by Mary Margaret Smith Photogaphy